We started to get our drip irrigation system set up today. It consists of a large manifold hose with many smaller tubes (drip tape) attached. Each smaller hose has a valve so we can control which rows are getting water. In theory the water runs down the tape dripping out along the way right next to the plants. What a nightmare it is to set up. It seemed that every piece I had pulled out and set up had large leaks somewhere on the hose, leaving large puddles and then dry spots. I think once we get it all set up it will be very handy, we’ll be able to turn on the hose and let stuff get water while we work on something else. The set up is just a bit of a process very time consuming.
Exciting animal news: We got 2 Simmental cows this weekend!! They are very cute.